Welcome to all happy crafters and artist

I hope to be able so share my creative ideas and some of my artwork so far. I hope you will find a minute to have a look at my stuff but also to follow my story here. Also I would really appriciate if you would leave some comments and give me constructive feedback

Tuesday 13 July 2010

Yet another crafty day

Happy Tuesday all lovely crafters

Well well, just a little update from your happy Danish crafter. Yesterday was just a brilliant day. I went to see my mom in law, who is always in a happy mode. After some shopping and a lovely lunch did we put all our crafty stuff out all over the dining table.

We set our selves a challenge to work with enamel and embossing. Gosh! You should have seen :-) What a mess! We managed to "ruin" all our projects and get black ink and embossing powder all most every where, but had such a giggle. I think if Laurel n Hardy did crafting, well it would probably have looked like what we were up to. Ha!

Eventually we managed to make some pretty pendants.

Using some small pieces of chipboard, stamping away with different types of ink. Wacking some enamel powder over and heating it up. More ink, more powder.

I tried to use different powders together. Finally I came to this, what I thought at least, got a really good effect.

Half side with one mix of powder (gold metalic stuff) and one side with deep green fine detailed embossing powder.

I used one of Tim Holz stamps on top and finalised with another layer of enamel powder.

A trick here; try to make sure you time your stamping with the right temperature of your embossed work... if it is too hot, you destroy the surface...

I finalised the pendant with some black organza ribbon and some colour matching glass beads.

Tell me what you think? Do you have similar kind of experiments?


Finally - yet another pencil holder with birds, bees and crowns.... we need to eat more tinned toms in my house, so i can make some more pencil holders LOL :-)

See you soon

Dolly x

No comments:

Post a Comment