Welcome to all happy crafters and artist

I hope to be able so share my creative ideas and some of my artwork so far. I hope you will find a minute to have a look at my stuff but also to follow my story here. Also I would really appriciate if you would leave some comments and give me constructive feedback

Sunday 11 July 2010

Sunday Rock 'n Roll....


Well, after having finished my beetroot competition with my husband (who could make the best with a bunch of organic beet roots ? ..grr he won), well I decided to try out some new stuff I had from Debbie More's fine collections.

I have just had an exciting time experimenting with the Magical enamel power. Jubi ( fab in Danish ) It is just gr8! After playing with some of my stamps and the powder I ended up making a pretty mug coaster.

I took some white chip board (ca. 10 x 10 cm) rubbed pale green and pink ink all over the board. Blended it with a "baby wiper", Inked up one of DM's pretty ornamental stamps in black Staz on. Covered the entire tile in Magic enamel powder, heated it up and repeat... tada! How good is that? I think it turn out to be pretty pretty. I stuck some felt on the back to make it more house safe :-)

Also, I made a funky Rock n Roll coaster for my hubby's new office in exactly same style but different colour scheme and stamps. What do you think?

Finally - how to turn an old tomato tin into a funky Rock n' Roll Pencil holder; well use a clean tomato tin LOL. Cut a strip of whatever card you wish, that will fit the can width and cut it long enough to go all the way around the "tummy" of the tin.

I stamped all over the card piece in black ink, used sparkly fine embossing powder, and finally smudged the edges with some soft black ink.... I love the messy look :-)

I stuck the finished card onto the tin with double sided tape and finalised it by wrapping some black metal wire around the top 4-5 times. I made a little set of shrink plast charms with the same stamps and added them to some chain...... et voila!!!

Happy crafting

Dolly x

2 comments:

  1. awesome!! My son would love a pen box and coaster like that, for sure
    isa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, den er bare flot!
    Hvor er det dejligt at møde en anden dansker her i England Dolly, ja det er næsten som at finde familie :-) Jeg smutter ind og besøger dig snart igen, og kigger på hvad du har lavet.
    Kærlig hilsen Karen x

    ReplyDelete